Mansmith and Fielders Inc. will
soon be celebrating its 30th year anniversary in 2020.
In 2004, Chiqui Escareal-Go
took over as head and shared her vision of converting Mansmith from training
and consulting to an advocacy-based company, emphasizing Mansmith’s role in
“helping marketing and sales teams soar”. Thus was born the Mansmith 4I’s – – information,
ideas, inspiration and infrastructure, that guide us in developing the
business we are in.
We are forever grateful for the
continuous support of clients and friends that has enabled us to initiate and
institutionalize many firsts in our industry, for the benefit of the marketing
3. Marketing Educators Training – the first and only annual program honing the teaching skills of 25 full time marketing professors which has been ongoing since 1997, with focus changed to helping senior high school teachers with the implementation of K12. This year alone, some P3.5 million worth of scholarships will be granted to K12 marketing teachers.
4. Marketing Rescue / Entrep Rescue – a free consulting program for entrepreneurs, businesspeople and marketers previously done with Entrepreneur magazine, Business World and now with professional organizations, which has been ongoing a few times a year since 2006.
5. Day 8 Business Academy for SMEs– the first training program dedicated to the needs of small and medium-sized entrepreneurs with an innovative pay-what-you-want price (now converted to scholarship for owners of losing companies) which has been helping thousands yearly since 2000.
6. Marketing and Entrepreneurship Books – the first and only series of books that are 100% for charity, helping the poor and the marginalized since 1992.
7. Markprof Foundation – co-founded with former J&J Asean president Ding Salvador, Markprof is the first and only annual free marketing leadership bootcamp for graduating marketing students ran by alumni. Some 1,000 student leaders apply annually and only 25 are accepted each year since 2004.
8. Adopt a Marketing Teacher – a new program co-created with Rex Bookstore in 2019 as the first and only reverse immersion with marketing teachers in senior high schools as practicum recipients. Some 165 practicum slots was secured on its maiden year.
9. The Jeremiah Fund – co-founded with multi-awarded entrepreneur Jose Magsaysay Jr in 2019, the Jeremiah Fund is a P50-million angel investor fund to invest in innovative start-ups gaining traction but lacking in mentoring and funding.
10. Mansmith Innovation Awards – another new project to be launched during the 10th Market Masters Conference, the project seeks to encourage innovation in 7 categories – Products, Technology, Services, Processes, Business Model, Workplace, and the Special category.
I remember former Unilever
Korea managing director Pong Ejercito commenting when he judged in the
10th Mansmith Young Market Masters Awards (YMMA) that there is no other
marketing training or consulting company doing what Mansmith and Fielders Inc.
has been doing, offering not just functional but emotional and social benefit
to its constituents, even outdoing what typical professional marketing
associations are doing.
We have a young
team working with the senior consultants as we can merge wisdom and experience
with agility and technology. And despite the many challenges ahead, our
advocacies bring us great joy and honor to be of service to the marketing
community and the Philippine society, knowing fully well that what we do today
is for future generations.
Record-breaking, bestselling author Josiah Go is the Chairman of Mansmith and Fielders, Inc. (the leading marketing and sales training company in the Philippines), and Chairman of Waters Philippines (the market leader in the direct selling of premium home water purifiers in the Philippines). He is Chairman / Vice Chairman / Director of over a dozen companies.